Saturday, March 15, 2008

We're ok




Thank goodness, we were in Nashville last night when the tornado went through...and we barely missed some other strong storms this afternoon coming home by about 20 minutes. Thank you Lord. Our side of Atlanta was not hit but it went right through the center of the city. Right now, I can hear the wind whistling outside, the first time I have ever heard it with the windows shut.
Here are some pictures of the damage to the downtown area...
This is in the Georgia World Congress Center, across from CNN, after the storm hit. That is water cascading down the steps!

Weird thing is, I was just mentioning to someone in Nashville yesterday that I was glad that Atlanta did not get the tornadoes like Nashville does. BOY, I guess I was wrong!

2 comments:

boxercab said...

That was scary! I'm glad everyone I know is ok. One of Luis' coworkers lives in Cotton Mill Lofts. He was fine too, but they evacuated all residents in the meantime. I hope all those people get their lofts back soon.

bethiesny said...

Wow, this is just crazy! I have been worrying that the marathon will be pre-empted by a tornado... here's hoping that's not the case! So glad you guys are all right. xoxoxo

P.S. I blew up my blog this weekend. So I'm taking it as a sign to start fresh!