Wednesday, October 3, 2007

terrible

That is how this week has been. We found out yesterday that indeed Max does have lymphoma. His cancer is located in the lymph nodes around his chest. It has not spread which is good but he is considered stage IV. It is T-cell lymphoma which is worse than the other kind. Great.

We started his chemotherapy today and he seems better than he has in a while. My Maxy-boy is back for a while at least. We decided to treat it because we are not ready to lose him and dogs apparently usually tolerate chemo very well. We should know if he is responding in a week or two. If he does and we can get it into remission, we could possibly have another year or two with him (hopefully longer!) We have pet insurance so at least the cost is not a hinderance.

This just sucks. I don't know how else to describe it. At least we know what we are dealing with and we can start fixing it. I just really pray that this works. I love that boy. He is an incredible dog.

3 comments:

boxercab said...

I'm so sorry. We will be praying hard for Max that he goes into remission and feels better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

ihope all goes well with the treatments. I will say a prayer for Max.... your other mom ..theresa jester

Leigh Anna said...

awww... thanks theresa! It is so good to hear from you! I miss you!

Carmen, thanks for your prayers too...it means so much to us!