Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a crazy week!

I am officially self-employed! I had about all I could take at that job so Monday I wrote a letter explaining EVERYTHING I was unhappy with and walked out the door for good! There are multiple reasons...the company was not well organized, managed, owned... They had clients that were calling them, wondering where their invoices were from work that was done in FEB! They had some equip. stolen and never filed the insurance claim (for $20,000) and that was a year ago! When you can't manage things like that...how are you going to manage large clients and employees? There were numerous other things...the last straw being that they had cameras that watched all the employees and the owner could pull them up at anytime, even from home...WHAT? What the hell? That is not the way to keep good employees and that is why they have had massive turnover. They have 13 employees right now that have been there 3 months or less...And at least a few of those are ready to quit already too. I just did not want to waste my time or talents on something that was so obviously wrong for me. I am entitled to at least one walk out in my career, right?

Life has been great since Monday...I have had freelance work to do and I am actively pursuing more. I really like staying home with Chris and my puppies. I am able to take Max to the vet and make sure that he gets all his medicine on time...just be a mama to him. I LOVE IT!

Max is doing great. He had his 2nd round of chemo on Tues. and handled it like a champ! I just know that when we get another x-ray done of his chest that all this cancer is going to be GONE!

4 comments:

boxercab said...

Wow, that sounded like an awful place. Really awful. You absolutely did the right thing! I'm sure the kids are loving it now! Yay for Max! Dogs are amazing. I'm sure he'll be cancer-free too! :)

luiscab said...

Hi this is Carmen's hubby. You completely did the right thing by leaving and no one can blame you! I recently changed jobs for pretty much the same reasons, except the crazy big brother antics, so it took longer for me to leave!

Glad to hear that Max is on the mend, having his Mommy at home more will definitely help him since you can spoil and baby him more!

Anonymous said...

I actually worked there myself, and was going to send you a "WARNING" comment(they didn't have cameras when I was there, they really just need to keep it a mom and pop shop), but I see you are a quick learner. Hope your baby is better soon.

Leigh Anna said...

Wow..Thanks for the support, guys! I am so glad to be free from that place. Anonymous...oh, how I would love to hear your stories!!!