Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The bomb has been dropped...

We have now informed our bosses that we are leaving. They were both incredibly supportive and were excited for us which makes things a little easier, I guess! Missey (my boss) sent this email to my entire department... it was so sweet, I thought I would share a portion of it:

"Speaking from a purely selfish standpoint, I am sad to let you know that Leigh Anna Thompson will be leaving us at the end of August or middle of September. As all of you know, Leigh Anna is an extremely gifted art director and designer, and there is no nicer person any of us could ever be blessed to work with. There simply is no measure to how much we will miss her, both professionally and personally. However, the reason she is leaving is a very exciting one—and because of that, I am absolutely delighted for her."

Wow. How am I ever going to find a job where I have a boss that is that nice to me? It is making it difficult, mentally, for me to be excited. I know that will change once we get there. There is so much to do that I am slightly overwhelmed at this point!

If any of you knows anyone that lives in Atlanta and might be hiring for a graphic designer or art director, please let me know!

2 comments:

bethiesny said...

Wait, are you saying that Gina wouldn't have written the same email about you? :-)

Leigh Anna said...

Hmmmmm.... NO!!!!!