Friday, August 24, 2007

The Wilson Co. Fair


Well, we finally made it to the fair. I've had to listen to Chris drool over the BBQ nachos and kielbasa for long enough, it was time. Seriously, he has been talking about this for weeks! It was hot, surprise, surprise...but it definitely made a difference in the crowd size. It was so much fun, I don't think it gets much better than watching the pig races at Hogway Speedway and eating a cherry shaved ice!


We did notice a lot of similarities between the hogs and Max...I really think he might have some pig somewhere in his background! The poor pigs were so hot, their caretakers were spraying them down with water bottles!



Chris and I love the chickens and ducks... If you have never been to this section of the fair, you would be amazed, we were! There are so many different kinds. Some look like they have fuzzy slippers on, others have afros, and there were even a few roosters there that were almost as big as a turkey! I guess a little bit of my fascination comes from my childhood—at one time we had over 100 baby chicks! I don't really know what happened to most of those babies... I think my parents gave them away. We kept a few, then my papa brought us a guinea (it's body looks like a gray football with white polka dots) and it would follow those chickens around everywhere! If it lost them, it screamed bloody murder! We also had a rooster named "Big Boy" that was the meanest creature alive...he would chase me all around the yard, up onto my slide and wait for me at the bottom! My mom would have to chase the mean little guy away every time! Why are roosters so mean?

Anyways, it was a great night, it's too bad it only comes once a year!

No comments: