Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ahhh....Summer in Tennessee


It is sad when you look on the weather report and actually get excited about the temp being in the high 90's! The heat this year has be absolutely miserable...my dogs have gotten NO exercise whatsoever. I am really excited about the promise of those 80 degree days that it says are coming soon!!!! I can't wait until fall...it's my favorite time of year.

So I had to take Max to the vet on Sat. Apparently he has calcium oxalate crystals in his urine, which causes him to drink tons of water and have to go pee quite often. The doc put him on a special food but I am not so sure it is doing any good. When we get to atlanta, we are going to take him to a holistic vet and see if they find anything different. The vet really scared me, he started saying things like "kidney failure" and "diabetes insipidus" which neither one are good. I hope my maxy boy is ok... keep him in your prayers!

2 comments:

boxercab said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Crazy how much we have in common... career, age (almost), no kids yet, a male and female boxer, and the craziest of all... a blog! ;) That's pretty freakish and cool all at the same time.

I hope your move to Atlanta goes well and congrats to your hubby for getting into PC! My husband is going back to school now too. It's hectic now but it'll all be worth it in the end.

This heat needs to go away soon! I hope Max will be ok. Bella and Bruno send healthy boxer vibes his way. I think one of our Atlanta Boxer Meetup Group members goes to a holistic vet. (You should totally sign up, by the way!) A lot of times, the right, healthy diet is sometimes all they need.

I'll keep checking back to read updates on your move. Good luck! :)

bethiesny said...

I'm ready for fall, too - and looking at that forecast, I'm glad I'm here and not in NashVegas! Hope all goes well with Max. :-)