Saturday, August 18, 2007

the joys of being a landlord...

Today has been the first Saturday we have relaxed in ages!!! The kitchen is done (isn't it beautiful?) and we have been showing the house. Yesterday we had 2 groups come to look at it, we were really excited about the first couple who seemed great... then when we asked about jobs, they were very lackadasical...oh, we'll get one when we move... Uh, no, we need you to pay your rent people! Anyways, we had high hopes and were let down. We told them to go find jobs and come back. The second group consisted of 4 LARGE slighly fruity men. I have to say that was interesting. They were really nice but I just don't understand how 4 men could make 1 bathroom work? Both the groups wanted to put a deposit down but we told them we had more showings and to fill out apps and get back with us. Who knows if we'll hear from them again. Today a really nice couple from CA came by, she is due to have a baby next month! They were great though and we really hope it works out with them. We may be having to live with one set of parents for 2 weeks or so if they want it... Now that could be really interesting!

I think we are going to the fair tonight... even though it is a million degrees outside! Chris is ready for some bbq nachos and polish sausage! He's been talking about it all week! How that boy stays so skinny, I'll never know. It's just not fair!

Oh, if you want to see more pics of the house since it is finally ready to show, you can click here

3 comments:

bethiesny said...

Your house is gorgeous! If I had a ton of money, I'd totally hire you to come up here and be my interior decorator. :-)

Leigh Anna said...

You're so sweet! I hate it that I have to leave such a nice house! I hope the next one is decent!

Amy said...

House looks great !!!!