Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hauntings

So I know I am a day late but I just could not resist. I got all worked up last night watching "Most Haunted Live". It was filmed at Eastern State Penitentiary, a prison that was originally built in the early 1800's and used until 1970. This place is CREEPY! Every inmate was in solitary confinement 24 hours a day and a lot of them went crazy. If you like that type of history, you should check out the website, they have a lot of the history there. Anyways, there were all kinds of crazy things going on at this place. Noises, things being moved and thrown, people scratched and touched...you may not believe in that kind of thing but I have grown up around so many people who have experienced things that it is hard to overlook.

Growing up, I had several friends who had haunted houses. You would think my childhood home would have been, considering it was built in 1804 and had been through many years of turmoil with indians and the Civil War...but it wasn't, at least I never saw anything crazy...just creepy feelings when I was alone at night. My friend, Christina's, grandmother died in her house and she swore that it was haunted. Of course, being naive 12 year olds, we would get out the ouija board and really freak ourselves out. I never saw anything, that I remember at least, but one night we were awakened around 2am by the radio (no it wasn't a alarm clock radio!) and it was on static, really loud. We couldn't move we were so terrified. It went off after about a minute or two. In the morning, we checked the station and it was on one of the regular stations we listened to, not static. It was weird.

I have another friend, Amy, whose house was built on an indian burial ground. Her mom has some crazy stories about seeing ghosts there. One night she got up to go to the bathroom and when she came back, she saw an apparition of a little girl sitting in a rocking chair on the other side of the bed. She laid back down, terrified I am sure! A few minutes later, she looked back over to see if she was still there but she was gone! I love stories like that! If you have any good ghost stories, I would love to hear them! Post them in my comments or email me!

4 comments:

boxercab said...

No ghost stories to share here. :( But I am intrigued by them!

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of the ouija board and the scary nights on the indian burial grounds!! We had some fun times!
Amy Williams

Leigh Anna said...

Amy,
I still remember watching the "Children of the Corn" at your house! Your mom was out on a date I think and it was just us there... how scary!!!

bethiesny said...

I LOVE this stuff. And it scares me to death. :-) I haven't seen any ghosts myself, but I definitely believe in them.

I was really looking forward to going to Eastern State this weekend, but our trip got postponed. Hopefully we'll reschedule soon and I'll come back with some good stories to tell you!