Sunday, July 15, 2007

no sissy dogs allowed...

Yesterday, we thought it would be nice to take the dogs out to a Boxer meetup group function at Brenda Bass's home. (http://www.mtbr.org) It was a beautiful day, there were lots of boxers running around on this wonderful farm in Brentwood. Everything was great. Then chaos ensued...Our little innocent Samus obviously did not like one of the dogs, and she let her know... several times. We start to feel a little bad, because she kept attacking the poor dog (and she is so loud, everyone notices!) So Chris put her on the leash and took her away from the group. Well, in doing that, he leaves me alone with Max, who was not exactly being a little angel. I am trying to stay near him to pull him off any dog who he is trying to dominate at that moment when all of a sudden, I heard a fight break out in the corner of the yard...no, it wasn't Max, or Samus, BUT, in a flash of an eye, Max was smack dab in the middle of about 5 other dogs. By the time I got there, Max had another one down and was biting his neck like he was going to eat him! (thank God he was not the only one exhibiting this behavior) nonetheless, I was so embarrassed! Max was promptly put on the leash and we got the heck out of there. Chris said he felt like everyone was celebrating after we left—the bad dogs are gone! Well, I don't know about that, I still think it was the other dog's fault, Max was just taking sides! When did my dogs get so out of control? Why does no one ever see the sweet, calm, cuddly, wouldn't hurt a flea side of my dogs? Anyways, I think if we can afford it, we might take them to training when we get to Atlanta. I am not quite sure it would help at this point, but it is worth a try! At least I know one thing, my dogs aren't gonna take crap from any dog! Can you imagine if we had kids? Would ours be the bullies of their class? Maybe that is why we keep putting it off...

No comments: