Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's official...almost!



It has taken me a while to get back here... sorry! Our trip was great, Atlanta is really hot though! Anyways, Wed. night we drove down to ATL and decided to walk to downtown Buckhead to watch the fireworks (side note, we met this couple that could have been us in another 10 years. I mean it was crazy, she had on the same outfit as me except in a different color and her man had on the same type of outfit that chris had on...even down to the same exact shoes!!! We were a little freaked out by the whole thing, but I digress) We met a really great couple (Hi Jackie and Kenny!) at the bar we ate at and ended up watching fireworks with them at the pool of their hotel. We ended up talking for a few hours and then went back and crashed at the hotel.

Thursday was the big day...interview at PC! We were a little nervous but as soon as we met Liz and Catherine (the admission reps) we felt right at home. I have never been to a place like this before. It was so friendly, no one was pretentious at all, which I totally did not expect. They talked with us both for a while, Chris showed his portfolio and then they showed us around and we got to sit in on a class for a while. They told us that Chris would have no problem getting in, we just needed to submit the application and essay as a formality before they could officially accept him. This place was like creative heaven. They had all kinds of projects all over the walls... just being there made me want to go home and create something! I still wish I could go too but since I can't, I am going to try and squeeze as much knowledge out of Chris as I can!

Friday we drove around, looking for housing and shopping. I think we are going to be able to find something really great. We really don't want to live in a cookie cutter apartment. There are so many cool older buildings that have been converted to housing. I am really excited!

Well, we told the parents. Well actually, we told my parents and my mom accidently spilled the beans to Chris's mom before we could tell them. OOPS! Oh well, Chris tried to tell her it would only cost her $50,000 for her mistake but for some reason she just laughed it off ;-)

So, I am now in the planning stages. I am redoing my resume and trying to get everything collected for my portfolio. I need to get my website together but I just keep procrastinating on that one...

Since I have talked your eyes off, I am leaving you with a really cute puppy picture...I mean who can resist this face?

1 comment:

bethiesny said...

Love that puppy picture! Glad you had such a good time in HOTlanta. Let me know when we can pop down for a visit. :-)