Friday, May 2, 2008

scary situation


Please keep our friend Dale Oldham in your thoughts and prayers the next few weeks...
He had surgery about 5 weeks ago...it was a VERY major surgery. He is in a wheelchair and basically his spine had started to weaken. They went in and rebuilt a major portion of his spine using rods, screws, etc. It was 14 hours and very dangerous. He was doing great.

As of this past Sunday, something happened and the hardware came loose. He has some broken vertebrae and the rods and a steel cage that was in his back has gone haywire. They can't do surgery immediately because he has been on asprin to thin his blood to lessen the chance of blood clots. He is in a lot of pain. The doctors don't really even know what to do because this is something that never happens. He is scared. He needs your prayers...

2 comments:

bethiesny said...

Oh my goodness! I will definitely keep Dale in my thoughts and in my heart. Please let him know I'm thinking about him! xoxoxoxo

boxercab said...

I will be praying for Dale. I hope he makes it through!