Friday, May 30, 2008

Poor Samus...

The Vet...Those two words are ones that we have tossed around quite a bit the past year. I guess Samus's time had come to make a visit...maybe she was getting jealous of Max getting all the attention, I don't know. We have been fighting a hematoma in her ear for the past few months. The first two times, they drained it and it went away. When we got back from Boston, it was pretty swollen again so we knew we were going to have to do something major. We took her in last week and scheduled the surgery for yesterday. During that time, her ear had almost completely swollen shut. I could not even get my pinky finger in her ear! She went in yesterday for surgery. Basically, they cut it open, drain it, then somewhat "quilt" the ear back together so that the pocket will not form again. Anyways, when I went in to pick up my girl today, I was not prepared for the amount of bandaging she has!

It looks like she has had major brain surgery!!! Poor thing has to keep these bandages on for the next 2-3 weeks and on top of that, she has to wear the awful cone the whole time too! What a pitiful sight!

1 comment:

boxercab said...

Poor baby Samus. Please give her four big kisses from us! Sending quick healing vibes.